Maybe it's the holidays which make me feel less like blogging. I mean, sure, there has a been a ton of stuff that happened since I last updated, but sometimes I don't feel like typing it all out and reliving it again. This blog, to me, is just a way of recording what happened to me so I can read whenever I want to, and also a way of seeing how I change over the months. Ah, whatever, I'll give it a shot anyway since I'm at my cousin's home in Malaysia and the thing I have most right now is TIME.
So, my dad got back from Malaysia last Friday and he went to pick me up from Bedok MRT station. I think, by now, you guys would know my dad isn't exactly the person you can have a heart-to-heart talk with. But this time, he has to pick a fight. After that, it was just the Silent Treatment for 3 days until he insisted that he took me to church after telling me straight in the face that I was not to attend Jane's party on the 20th because I "will spend more time with the family". I hardly saw any point in that because everyone would pretty much be avoiding everyone else while spending time with the family. Since then, things've patched up, thank goodness, (mainly because I plucked up the guts to apologize to BOTH my parents INDIVIDUALLY) and now the family's all cheery and home's a lovely place to be again. (To be honest, it was because Jane was really nice about the whole thing when I told her I couldn't make it for the party. She said, " Oh, that's okay. Don't go then. Thou shall not defy thy parents," or SOMETHING along those lines. Thanks Jane!)
SYC. Where do I begin? The games briefing then Sakae@Changi after? Or the half hour skytrain ride? How about all the games that we played and torturing the campers with tabasco sauce, wasabi, chilli padi, mealworms, jumbo superworms and itty bitty mini frogs? What about all the water bombs we painstakingly filled only to have Jake fall and squish/burst 95% of them? There was so much to do spread over the 3 days. Haha, I'm sure I speak for most of them when I say that the helpers had a LOT of fun. It's definitely less stressful than being in the committee eh?
6:21 PM